- Any Silk Spice coffee blend you like
- Pre heat the water
- Add the heated water and fill to the line in the bottom of the brewer.
- Insert the filter basket into the brewer bottom.
- Fill the basket with coffee, slightly mounded, and level the surface off with your finger.
- Screw the top and bottom together. Use hot pads and don’t over tighten.
- Put the brewer on the stove, use moderate heat and make sure that the handle is not subjected to heat. Leave the top lid open.
- The coffee will begin to come out and you will hear a puffing sound and see a rich-brown stream that will get progressively lighter in color. Once the stream is the color of yellow honey, remove from heat source with hot pads and close the lid.
- Wrap the bottom of the pot in a chilled bar towel or run under cold tap water to stop extraction. We do this to prevent the coffee from developing a metallic taste. The idea here is to get a relatively small amount of coffee which is very concentrated and rich.
- As soon as the coffee stops bubbling out, pour it into cups or a carafe. You may wish to dilute with hot water depending on preference.