- 1 tablespoon loose Chinese gunpowder green tea
- 1 teaspoon healer blend
- 5 cups boiling water
- 3 to 4 tablespoons silan , or sweetener of choice
- 1 large bunch fresh mint (1 ounce)
a 1- to 1 1/2-quart teapot
- Put tea in teapot and pour in 1 cup boiling water over a strainer with healer blend, then swirl gently to warm pot and rinse tea. Strain out and discard water, reserving tea leaves in pot.
- Add remaining 4 cups boiling water to tea and let steep 2 minutes. Stir in Silan (to taste) and mint sprigs and steep 3 to 4 minutes more. Serve in small heatproof glasses.